Strategic Estate Planning (SEP)
incorporates three phases of protection:
1 . Legal Planning
2. Financial Planning
3. Health Care Planning
1. Legal Planning: Preparing documents that will:
and unable to do so.
- State who will manage your affairs and under what
circumstances should you become incapacitated
after your death.
- State when certain assets will be transferred to heirs or others,
either during your lifetime, at your death, or sometime
- Reduce or eliminate the costly, time-consuming, and stressful
process of probate.
2. Financial Planning: Creating the vehicles that will:
- Ensure that your assets are preserved and protected.
that mean so much to you.
- Assure your assets will benefit the charitable institutions
under federal law.
- Make the most of estate tax advantages afforded
- Better protect your assets from creditors, lawsuits, and from
loss of principal due to market volatility.
- Give you the freedom to control the income, principal, and how
much of it you wish to use during your lifetime.
3. Health Care Planning: Making sure that:
household expenses will be paid.
- If you suffer a prolonged illness, your medical and
- You can better afford the rising costs of health care.
- Your assets are protected from the potential catastrophic loss
due to devastating long-term care costs.